Early in her career, Lorelei was on the board of directors for the Registered Nurses Association of BC representing Vancouver Metropolitan District. Moreover, here in 2020, we welcome her back to RNFBC (formerly RNABC) as the newest member of our board team!
Lorelei is a lifelong learner and often embeds in a course of something as she works:
- Graduated from Vancouver General Hospital School of Nursing.
- Baccalaureate and Masters in Nursing from the University of Victoria.
- Holds a Provincial Instructor’s Diploma from Vancouver Community College, and a Prosci Change Management Certificate.
Her contributions to the nursing committee both in staff positions and as a volunteer are impressive:
- Currently, Lorelei works for Interior Health Authority (IHA), as a Practice Lead for the Mental Health & Substance Use Network following her role as a Practice Lead for Access & Efficiency with IHA.
- She sits on the IHA Nursing Scope of Practice Council and Clinical Records Standardization Committee.
- She has previously worked in Child & Adolescent Mental Health at Children’s’ & Women’s (C&W) Health Centres as a point of care nurse, nurse clinician and nurse educator. She later moved into professional practice as the Professional Practice Lead for Nursing and Lead for the office of Policy for C&W.